Being Water Wise Matters…


As a nation we Brits tend to take water for granted. Yet even here the effects of climate change are more than obvious. Winter floods are becoming the norm, followed by Summer droughts and hosepipe bans.

Worldwide our planet is crying out for more water and as a consequence water resources are in high demand. It is up to us to decrease our daily water consumption and get water wise! At Suzanne James we strongly advocate the use of tap water rather than bottled water at all our events for a number of reasons:

~ bottled water produces up to 1.5 million tons of plastic waste per year
~ 3 litres of water are needed to produce the packaging for 1 litre of water
~ bottles used to package water take over 1,000 years to bio-degrade

Should you request bottled water we use Hildon Water whose ethos matches our own.

Fun Fact

Water covers about 71% of the earth’s surface. 97% of the earth’s water is found in the oceans. The remaining 3% is freshwater. Of that, only about 1.2 percent can be used as drinking water; the rest is locked up in glaciers, ice caps, and permafrost, or buried deep in the ground.